Monday, December 24, 2007

24 Advent


So today is set to be the busiest shopping day of the season, forecasters are predicting we could spend 1 million pounds a minute!

Gladly all my shopping - though last minute this year - has been finished and wrapped for a day or so. I'm really pleased with my gifts; ideas came early in the most part, then it was just finding time to buy them and although a lot were on line I was not one of the unlucky one's still waiting for deliveries. But it has made me want to do next year differently, you have highstreet shops and nothing else round here, no arts or crafts, no unique or out of the ordinary so I'm going to be on a mission next year for the clever, the ethical, the artisan, the local and we'll see if that's one resolution that makes it!

Hearing all this financial craziness on the news this morning reminded me of one of my favourite prayers from Doing December Differently...

Ou Father;
which art in Dixons
hallowed be thy games;
thy new releases come,
thy videoing be done
in Nicam as it is in mono;
give us this day our daily emails,
and forgive us for not spending enough,
as we forgive those who spend too little on us;
lead us not into Oxfam,
but deliver us from charitable giving;
for thine is the DVD,
the widescreen and the Game Boy,
for ever and ever
Amen.

No comments: