Friday, April 11, 2008

Washing on the line


Washing on the line 3
Originally uploaded by redhairedpixie
Hanging Out the Clothes - Gunilla Norris

As I hang up the clothes let me think
about what it means to be "on the line"
It may not be about courage or bravery
or intention. It may not be about social action,
good works or justice. It may be
something before that, something much earlier
more simple and humbling.

It may just be clinging for dear life.

I pin these wet clothes to the line...
an image of joining, of clinging to something.
If I really know that You are my lifeline
then to cling to You is my primary business.

There are so many spiritual traps
if i am the one who puts me on the line.
Instead, let me be simpler, let me just cling to You.

Then all other lines in my life fall in place:
the line of duty, the line of business
the line of poetry, the firing line.
Please help me to cling so tenaciously
that I find myself in line with You -
aired out and shaken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.