Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Advent 21 - Keeping Mum

The 9 lessons and carols service tonight left me wondering about Mary and what she was like as a Mum. It is also my Mum's birthday.

We know Mary was an awesome parent - "she was great with child"! (Sorry) But I do wonder if we could have chatted about motherhood over a cuppa if there would be any resonance between our experiences of parenting. Unfortunately I've been rushing up and down motorways and had no time for my thinking to percolate but whilst catching up with one of my favourite blogs - that of Simon Carey Holt, based in Melbourne - I found his musings on this mot highly favoured lady ... coincidentally featuring one of my all time favourite singer songwriters.


I'm hoping he won't mind if I share...
Simon Carey Holt Blog - Songs for Advent 3

No comments: