Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Celebrate good times come on!

I had the blessed (interpret that at will) task of leading team worship this morning and decided we'd look at the theme of "celebrating". If we really have some 'good news' how are we living that out?

We remembered God saying to Jesus "this is my son with whom I am WELL pleased" (which always makes me smile because it's like God has gone ghetto but...) and taking time to listen to why he may also be 'well pleased' with us, which we duly did.

We then shared our celebration with another person. Next, numbered 1 and 2 all the way round the room, every 2 moved to a new number 1 and shared what their original number 1 was celebrating. It felt like boasting about someone elses achievements which was overwhelmingly positive...and pride seemed to be jumping all over the room.

Finally we all summed up in one sentance what we were celebrating before sharing communion.

I thought the idea worked really well, even though I didn't felt I presented the whole idea very effectively (but hey I was tired after my weekend sortie to north yorkshire), I certainly forgot alot of the stuff I'd planned to say. Most importantly what I forgot to tell everyone was that I was actually celebrating something incredible ....the fact that at 32, whilst in the supermarket buying wine for communion I'd been asked for id!!!

Reasons to be cheerful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing how the mind works - see Ian Dury song on http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A1012483. Lead us, lead us - who knows where we will follow - onward and upward I hope.