Sunday, August 19, 2007

...and of the big things

When I was thinking about my post 'God of the little things', the hymn All Things Bright and Beautiful came to me (it was a week or so before actually getting to blog it!). It was especially the lines "He gave us eyes to see and lips that we might tell". And I guess that's why I felt compelled to write about the little treasures and it made me think I should post randomly whenever I witness such gifts - I may do that.

What was even funnier was that the afternoon of this thought, we went to our friends wedding and ended up singing the very hymn! Despite all that I forgot to include it in the original post, time lapse and all.

Then when thinking about making this addition, whilst drinking tea in bed this morning, it led onto thinking about the song Beautiful One, which we were singing at Soul Survivor last week.

You opened my eyes to your wonders anew
You captured my heart with this love
‘Cause nothing on earth is as beautiful as you

Beautiful one I love
Beautiful one I adore
Beautiful one my soul must sing

These little findings really do make our souls sing...

No comments: